This blog is to chronicle the ups and downs of life with one medically complex toddler, one angel baby and one high risk pregnancy. This is our journey.

Friday, March 16, 2012

OK...time to exhale!



32 weeks! In the world of preemies 32 weeks is a huge milestone...If born today, Caroline would not need a level 3 NICU..a level 2 would do...This means I get to deliver at Community South with my own doctors. I dont, however, feel comfortable with Caroline at CHS until I pass 34 weeks. So, if for some reason I need to deliver in the next 2 weeks I will insist of delivering at Community North. I know they have a great NICU. I know most of the staff and protocols. Plus, I'm sure Alex would love to see old friends.
In preparation for delivery, I did steroid shots at 32 weeks to make my amnio more likely to be mature. Delivery really feels close. I just realized that I have a bunch of things I need to get done before she comes home. Setting up her crib ( we cant find the bolts from LAuren's crib is anyone knows where they are!) I'm in no rush to really set up the crib because I plan to use a co-sleeper next to me for at least 6 months. I need to change out all the batteries from all the infant swings in the basement. Set up the pack and play. Figure out the car seat situation. Find the bottles (again, if anyone knows where these are tell me!) Luckily, I've already gone through all the baby clothes in early November when I found out gender. I have SO MANY girl clothes that Caroline doesn't have to wear the same thing twice. ..until she is 3...Caroline doesn't really need anything..Only her own baby book (which my mom is getting) and I already bought her her own lovey.
I've started struggling with weight gain... I had a goal of hitting 150# by the end of this pregnancy. I got to 141 at 26 weeks and everyone in my office cheered....now I weigh 139 boo! I'm telling you...very few pregnant people have the problem of TRYING HARD to gain weight! I've actually lost 2 pounds in the past 6 weeks. Urgh! Luckily, Caroline found those 2 pounds and measured in at 3#11oz...this is more than both Alex and Lauren weighed TOGETHER at birth.
In the world of Alex, he is FINALLY really to take off with his speech. First he mastered gross motor skills, then fine motor and now he's on to speech! I finally took another video of him where it took him almost 30 seconds to realize I was taping him and attack the camera..He also got a new haircut from a friend of mine who said he couldn't handle looking at Alex's mullet anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment