This blog is to chronicle the ups and downs of life with one medically complex toddler, one angel baby and one high risk pregnancy. This is our journey.

Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's time...

JuliaElizabeth has arrived! Born 4/10/12 at 1552 weighing in at 5 pounds 6 ounces! 19 inches (they measured length twice because 19 inches is long for a baby who is 35 weeks and 5 days!)
This is how it went down..
I went in for my weekly check up after a horrible night of contracting and coughing and what little sleep I did get I kept having dreams of an IUFD. urgh. On the NST after taking as much medicine as I could I was still contracting every 7 minutes. Of course my doctor was like "ok Megan, it's time". and I of course said "no thanks, this is a bad week for me. You see, my mom gets in tomorrow and Alex's nanny is on vacation all week! How about if my uterine scar is thinning on ultrasound I'll give up...if not send me home and I can manage these contractions because they were much worse last night!" So we had ourselves a deal. Off to ultrasound I went and lo and behold my scar was less than half want it measured the week before . :( My ultrasound tech said "Megan, It's time" urgh. So I gave up and went straight over to the hospital....and Julia Elizabeth was born...and she is beautiful.
 I've been doing a lot of thinking in the past week since Julia has been born...I was questioning if I should do this blog post at all..Then I figured there have been SO many people following this pregnancy that I should do one final post...
It's time that I finish up this blog and start diving into my real life.
It's time I stop ignoring the many many people who have reached out to me in the past 2 years.
It's time I start standing up for myself and my children.
It's time I start shaving again on a regular basis :)
It's time I start seeing my life differently...with a whole lot of normalcy.
It's time I start spending some money...because I believe  everyone could use a good therapist and housekeeper.
It's just time....

5 comments:

  1. She's perfect, Megan. So happy for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that you are ending this blog...because it is often the only way we know your true thoughts and feelings. HOWEVER....this was a great way to end it. You are right, it IS just time. Love you guys =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!!!! Hooray!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you for choosing to jump back into life! Having a sweet baby girl helps; and of course, we are here to help!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been a long time reader of your blog who has gone through an eerily similar life as you with preemie twins. I have enjoyed reading your blog as I could relate to most of everything you have gone through with a few exceptions. I wish you would continue it, but I understand your reasoning for not. I feel the same way, in terms of finally getting back into life after losing one of my twins. I wish you the best of luck and may god bless your family and little angel watching you all from above.

    ReplyDelete