This blog is to chronicle the ups and downs of life with one medically complex toddler, one angel baby and one high risk pregnancy. This is our journey.

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Egg hunt!





Alex went on an Easter egg hunt today! He loved it! I loved being out of the house! Don't worry, I took extra medication so I wouldn't contract...I had fun even though I'm sure my heart rate was well over 110..The things I wouldn't do for that kid! He loved all the "furry animals" and this is the first year I let him actually touch them...Everything but the Easter bunny...Hopefully We"ll do that next year. The Easter egg hunt showed my what a passive kid Alex is...not a competitive bone in his body. His favorite part of the whole thing was seeing the firetruck...he is obsessed with firetrucks! He had a balloon which got away and he sobbed and sobbed as it floated out of sight. So, Feeling sad for the boy, we walked what seemed a half mile over to get another. The good news? Even after all that walking I still feel pretty darn good!
Alex has had a language explosion in the past month (I've been waiting forever for this). He went from almost no words to well over 20 in the past 2 weeks. I only "count" a word when he 1) says it on his own without prompting 2) is understandable by someone else who is not me. 3) uses it purposefully and appropriately.

No comments:

Post a Comment